Thursday, May 15, 2008

upcoming recordings

Thanks to everyone who stopped by last night. I'm crossing my fingers hoping my recording came out okay. The little recording device at the bar is somewhat cryptic. I felt like the ape from 2001: A Space Odyssey trying to figure it out. Hopefully, those of you who missed out can at least hear my set soon. Honestly, I don't blame you for not coming, it was frickin cold out! For mid-May? Yeah. What is this the mountains? It was like 75 degrees in the afternoon and 50 at night. Anyways I'm not sincerely complaining about the weather, I'm attempting a segway here.
My latest "official" recording is no doubt inspired by the crisp weather we've been having here in New York. Which is why I named it "Bring a Sweater". I actually like spring when the mornings are a little chilly. I get on the heel-toe with my hoodie up and my headphones on. I find myself listening to a lot of music with jangley guitars and extra fuzzy distortion. So it's a selection of tracks from the indie, C86, shoegazer and related flavors of the late 80's and early 90's.
I'll be posting that as soon as my modem issue at home is resolved. My modem is fried so I'm posting from elsewhere. I recently realized that it has been on for about 3 years now, of course it's fried. Why they build modems without an on/off switch or auto-shutdown is beyond me...Way beyond me. Again, makes me feel like the space ape [see also: frustrating devices without interfaces], which is a nice dovetail for me to end this rambling post.
<3john

No comments: